I so love cooking a roast chicken with all the trimming. I will most definitely blog that one day. But this post is about what to do with the leftovers. Yes, I keep all the bit for a stock (another blog entry there too) but trawling the Internet you find a million ideas. So I am going to add to the list with my curried chicken leftovers.
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 large onion finely chopped
3 teaspoon of garlic/ginger paste premix or
2 teaspoon of garlic paste 1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 jar of tomato relish (homemade, another entry needed here, stand by)
1 large tomato chopped
A sprinkle of dried parsley
3/4 cup of coconut milk
Leftover chicken pieces from your roast
1/2 lime squeezed
EXTRA curried powder if you desire
1. Heat the coconut oil and a heavy based pan.
2. Add onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3 mins.
3. Add the garlic and ginger paste mix and cook for another 2 mins.
4. Now add the jar of tomato relish and the fresh tomato and stir through. Cook for 5 to 10 on medium heat.
5. Add dried parsley and 3/4 cup of coconut milk and stir through. Taste and add more curry powder if desired.
6. Cook on low heat while rice is cooking.
7. Just before serving add the juice of 1/2 lime and stir through the chicken pieces. Warm through chicken and serve on a bed of coconut rice.
A fabulous lazy Sunday dinner (15 mins total cooking time) with plenty of Monday lunch snacks.
Happy cooking !